The flat fee for an uncontested divorce is $1,500.00 and includes the following:
- Preparation of the initial documentation;
- Filing fee of $175 (no minor children) or $255 (minor children);
- Preparation of Consent Judgment of Divorce, Uniform Child/Spousal Support Orders and Domestic Relations Judgment Information form;
- Discussions and contact with the parties to prepare initial paperwork and Judgment of Divorce;
- Motion fee for pro confesso hearing of $20.00.
In the event an uncontested divorce becomes a contested matter, in order to continue representation in the case, our law firm would require an additional retainer fee, and the case would then proceed as a contested divorce matter with our normal billing rates and procedures. The flat fee rate would no longer be applicable; however, any work performed or costs paid prior to that determination would still be considered work under the flat fee rate, and no additional charges for those services would be assessed.
If you have an uncontested divorce and you are interested in our flat fee service, please specify this with our office at the time you contact us.
Please Note: Ethically, our firm cannot represent both parties in a family law matter. As such, we will provide legal advice to clients who retain us but cannot provide legal advice to opposing parties. In an uncontested matter, while usually parties have already reached agreements and the documents are drafted to reflect those agreements, the other party may choose to have another attorney anew the documents on his or her behalf.